Cervicitis is inflammation of the cervix -- the lower end of the uterus that opens into the vagina.
Cervicitis is common. It may be caused by many factors, including infections, chemical or physical irritations, and allergies.
What Causes Cervicitis?
Severe cases of inflammation are usually caused by infections that are passed during sexual activity.
Sexually transmitted diseases (STDs) that will cause cervicitis include:
- Genital herpes
- Mycoplasma and ureaplasma
But many women with cervicitis don't test positive for any sort of infection.
Symptoms of Cervicitis
Many women with cervicitis do not have any symptoms. The condition could also be discovered only after a routine exam or test.
- Signs and symptoms, if present, may include:
- Grayish or pale yellow vaginal discharge
- Abnormal vaginal bleeding, like bleeding after sex or between periods
- Pain during sex
- Difficult, painful, or frequent urination
- Pelvic or abdominal pain or fever, in rare cases
What are the possible complications of cervicitis?
If not treated, the organisms that cause cervicitis can move up into the uterus and fallopian tubes. this will cause pelvic inflammatory disease (PID). PID can cause infertility and peritonitis, a life-threatening infection. The organisms also can be passed to sexual partners who can have serious complications.
How is cervicitis treated at PPC World?
At PPC World, we develop treatment protocols and care plans based on each person's medical condition and needs. Therefore, when customers come to PPC World, they will be consulted for healthcare services based on criteria such as:
- Age, overall health, and medical history.
- Degree of disease
- Type and severity of symptoms
- Suitability for specific medications, treatments, or therapies
- Opinions or needs of each customer
Especially for people with chronic infections, the medical team at PPC World can treat and link care with regular monitoring to prevent liver damage or hepatocellular carcinoma.
Symptoms of Cervicitis: https://www.webmd.com/women/guide/cervicitis
Don't let the embarrassment and guilt of illness keep you from asking questions of counselors and specialists.
Get in touch with us today!
PPC World will call you in 30 minutes!