What is Vaginitis?
Vaginitis is an inflammation of the vagina that will lead to discharge, itching, and pain. The cause is typically a change within the normal balance of vaginal bacteria or an infection. Reduced estrogen levels after menopause and a few skin disorders may cause vaginitis.
Causes of Vaginitis
The most common kinds of vaginitis are:
- Bacterial vaginosis, which results from a change of the normal bacteria found in your vagina to the overgrowth of other organisms
- Yeast infections, which are usually caused by a naturally occurring fungus called Candida albicans
- Trichomoniasis, which is caused by a parasite and is usually transmitted by sexual activity
- Noninfectious vaginitis
- Genitourinary syndrome of menopause (vaginal atrophy).
Treatment depends on the kind of vaginitis you've got.
Symptoms of Vaginitis
Vaginitis signs and symptoms can include:
- Change in color, odor, or amount of discharge from your vagina
- Vaginal itching or irritation
- Pain during intercourse
- Painful urination
- Light vaginal bleeding or spotting
How to prevent Vaginitis?Good hygiene may prevent some kinds of vaginitis from recurring and will relieve some symptoms:
- Avoid irritants.
- Don't use harsh soaps, like those with deodorant or antibacterial action, or bubble bath.
- Wipe from front to back after using the toilet.
- Don't douche.
- Use a latex condom.
- Wear cotton underwear.
What complications can lead to vaginal yeast infections if not treated Vaginitis promptly?
- Increased risk of HIV infection
- Increased risk of HIV transmission to sexual partners
- Increased risk of having a premature baby if you get the infection while you're pregnant
Although most vaginitis is mild, some infections can be severe, such as redness and swelling; If not treated promptly, it can lead to other dangerous gynecological diseases such as cervical ectropion, cervicitis appendicitis, infertility - infertility.
Vaginitis treatment at PPC World
At PPC World, we develop treatment protocols and care plans based on each person's medical condition and needs. Therefore, when customers come to PPC World, they will be consulted for healthcare services based on criteria such as:
- Age, overall health, and medical history.
- Degree of disease
- Type and severity of symptoms
- Suitability for specific medications, treatments, or therapies
- Opinions or needs of each customer
Especially for people with chronic infections, the medical team at PPC World can treat and link care with regular monitoring to prevent liver damage or hepatocellular carcinoma.
Don't let the embarrassment and guilt of illness keep you from asking questions of counselors and specialists.
Get in touch with us today!
PPC World will call you in 30 minutes!
- Mayoclinic: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/vaginitis/symptoms-causes/syc-20354707